Ensure you are familiar with the process for submitting a claim for extenuating circumstances.
If you experience any extenuating circumstances that may have affected your ability to attempt or submit the present assignment, please follow the relevant instructions on VLE in order to submit your claim for extenuating circumstance prior to your submission deadline.
Academic misconduct including plagiarism
Ensure that you are familiar with the relevant regulations regarding academic misconduct. By submitting the present assignment, you declare that it is your own work and that the material and sources of information used, including internet sources, have been fully identified and properly acknowledged.
In addition, you confirm that the presented work has not been submitted for any other assessment. You also acknowledge that the faculty reserves the right to investigate allegations of plagiarism and other forms of academic misconduct which, if proven and dependent on the severity level of the offence, will result in a penalty that may affect your progress.
Note that all work handed in up to 3 working days after the submission deadline will be accepted and marked but the mark will be capped at 50% (if the work) passes unless you have been granted an extension to the submission deadline or a deferral in accordance with the Extenuating Circumstances Policy. Work submitted more than 3 working days after the submission deadline without a granted extension to the submission deadline or a deferral in accordance with the Extenuating Circumstances Policy will not be accepted and will be recorded as 0%.
By submitting your work, you acknowledge that you have read and agreed with the above statements.
Your assignment should be word typed processed (handwritten assignments are not accepted), using Times New Roman size 12 font, double spaced, with numbered pages and your student number printed as a footer on every page.
The word limits stated for this assignment excludes the reference list at the end of the assignment but includes all text in the main body of the assignment (including direct quotations, in-text citations, footnotes, tables, diagrams and graphs).
Please be aware that exceeding the word count limit will affect the academic judgement of the piece of work and may result in the award of a lower mark.
Appendices are not considered a supplement thus will not be assessed as part of the content of the assignment. As such, they will not contribute to the grade awarded, however it may be appropriate to use an Appendices section for any material which is a useful reference for the reader. Please note that appendices are not included in the word count.
The majority of references should come from primary sources (e.g., journal articles, conference papers, reports, etc.) although you can also utilise area specific textbooks. You must ensure that you use the University of Suffolkâ€™s Harvard style of referencing.
Please indicate the word count length at the end of your assignment.
Learning outcomes applied in this assessment
- Analyse complex projects to design and allocate defined tasks to a project team
- Manage the key project variables of time, cost and quality
- Use project management software to develop, implement and monitor projects
Marking and assessment:
- This assignment will be marked out of 100%
- This assignment contributes 70% of the total module marks.
Produce a 3000-word report (+/-10%) (excluding the list of references, tables and appendices) which offers students the ability to demonstrate their developing knowledge and application of the teaching and learning material covered in weeks 1 to 3. It also encourages students to develop their thoughts and perspectives on contemporary project management issues, and be intellectually creative (underpinned by credible resources).
For the successful development of this assessment point you should read carefully the case study below and address clearly the following areas: resources allocated, tasks needed to achieve its aims, and then a breakdown of the project using the Project Libre â€“ Project Management software.
Be assured, that you will address the below tasks:
Task 1: Identify the projectâ€™s stakeholders.
Task 2: Plan the project using critical path analysis, a Gantt chart and a WBS plan.
Task 3: Create a budget for the project broken down by Task and Activity.
Task 4: Create an HR plan.
Task 5: Identify the potential risks associated with this project and develop a risk analysis and management plan.
Task 6: Breakdown the project with the use of Project Libre â€“ Project Management software, which you can access via this link https://sourceforge.net/projects/projectlibre/
- Kiros Slonis SA is a construction company with expertise in public and private construction projects in the medical industry. They just landed a contract to build a small 100 room â€“ bed special purpose hospital on a local government owned plot in a residential area in the suburbs to accommodate Covid-19 patients.
- The timescale of the project is defined as 6 months (26 weeks), which means that the project must be completed by December 31, 2021. The time of the delivery of the project cannot change due to the urgency of the situation and the negotiations that have occurred with local and central government authorities per the contract signed and the RFP issued. The total procurement budget for the project has been set at 10m Euros.
- As such the project scope is clearly defined and the project is quite consistent and predictable. Write a business report in which the following plans should be clearly presented making use the following information/table.
Note the suggested structure for your assignment:
Introduction (500 words) â€“ 15%
- Presentation of the project you are going to analyze.
- Possible definitions for terms relating to the question.
- What the report will include and/or leave out (scope).
- What topics the report will discuss and the order they are presented.
- What methodologies and tools you will apply.
Main body (2000 words) â€“ 55%
The following structure can be used for the presentation of the tasks you should develop for the successful development of the report:
- Project summary (introduce the project you will analyze, its main parts and the software);
- Identify the projectâ€™s stakeholders.
- Present the critical path analysis, the Gantt chart and the WBS chart.
- Present the budget of the project.
- Present the HR plan.
- Identify potential project risks.
Conclusion (500 words) â€“ 15%
- Links back to the themes identified in the introduction.
- A reminder of what you discussed in the report.
- A recap of the main plans, methodologies and tools you implemented.
- A brief evaluation of the projectâ€™s limitations.
Formatting, Structure and Referencing (List of references not included in word count) â€“ 15%
- High quality presentation of the material that conforms to principles of academic writing and contains minimal errors in sentence construction, grammar and punctuation.
- A logical structure was followed.
- The assignment followed appropriate academic conventions regarding in-text
citations and referencing.